IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions - July 2018
In this post you will find a list of recent IELTS exam questions that were in the IELTS Test during July 2018, you can view the questions look at the topics and practice writing answers to them during your IELTS preparation.
The questions below have been reported to us by our students and other people who have taken the IELTS Exam recently.
Please take a look below and if you know of more questions, please leave a comment and help your fellow students.
If you need help to write answers to any of the questions below, please take a look at how to write each type of essay in the Writing Task 2 section >
You can also view band score 8 essay examples to some of the questions listed below in the section above in the drop-down menu for agree/disagree, etc.
IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions - July 2018
1. Some physiologists recommend that it is important to overcome daily stress by spending time doing nothing. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. The education of young people is the main priority in most countries around the world. Some people believe that educating adults who cannot read or write is essential for society and more funding should be made available for it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. The only way to solve the increasing crime rate of young offenders is to teach parents better parenting skills. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Some people think the government should be responsible for solving the pollution problems that appear from the heavy flow of traffic in the cities around the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. Some people believe that having a great difference in age between parents and children is more beneficial. Do you think that there are more advantages in having older parents? Do they outweigh the disadvantages?
2. Some people think that to reduce traffic and air pollution, the government should increase the tax levied on petrol (gas). Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
1. Some people think that modern technology is making people more sociable, while others think it is making them less sociable. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
2. Some people argue that formal education should start for children as early as possible, while others think that it should not start until 7 years of age. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
3. Some people believe that teachers have an important role to play in the educational success of the students’ lives, while others think it is the students’ attitude that matters. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
4. Some people believe that universities should only offer places to students with high marks, while others believe that people of all ages should be allowed a place even if they don’t reach those high grades. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
5. The world of work is forever changing at a fast pace. Working conditions today are not the same as before and people no longer rely on taking one job for life. Discuss the possible causes for these changes and give your suggestions for how people should prepare themselves for work in the future.
6. Some people find it beneficial to send young children to nursery school before they go to primary school, while others think that it’s good to keep children at home with their family. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
7. Some people believe that educational success depends on you having good teachers, while others think that it depends on the attitude of the students. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8. Some people think that advancements in technology is encouraging more social behaviour, while others think that it is making people less sociable. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
1. Online people write product reviews and give their opinions about services. Is this a good or bad thing?
2. Scientists have been warning for many years about the importance of protecting the environment and that we must limit the use of energy in our daily lives. Despite the warnings, many people do not do this. What are the reasons for that and how can people be encouraged to take an interest in protecting the environment?
3. People are less fit and active nowadays than in the past. What are some of the reasons for this? What measures can be taken to fix this?
To help you with your IELTS preparation, here is a free PDF download of the most recent IELTS writing task 2 questions.
They are a mix of both General Training and Academic questions, you can prepare for all the topics mentioned.
We hope you found this post useful in helping you to study for the IELTS Test.
If you have any questions please let us know in the comments below or on the Facebook page.
If you need help preparing for the IELTS Test, join the IELTS Achieve Academy and see how we can assist you to achieve your desired band score.
We offer an essay correction service, mock exams and online courses.