You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The road in front of your house got damaged a long ago and nothing has been done about it. Write a letter to the municipal authority complaining about the damaged road.
In your letter:
- introduce yourself
- explain the condition of the road
- and suggest what they should do
Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows:
Dear Sir or Madam,
- Hazardous (adjective) – Risky; dangerous.
- Example: The potholes have become hazardous to both drivers and pedestrians.
- Inconvenience (noun) – Trouble or difficulty caused to one’s personal requirements or comfort.
- Example: The damaged road has caused significant inconvenience to all the residents.
- Resurface (verb) – To provide a road, etc. with a new surface.
- Example: I humbly suggest that the road needs to be resurfaced promptly.
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to draw your attention to the deplorable condition of the road in front of my house, which has remained unattended for a considerable duration.
My name is [Your Name, e.g., John Doe], and I reside at [Your Address, e.g., ‘123 Elm Street’]. Over the past several months, I’ve observed the deteriorating condition of this road. The initially small potholes have now transformed into large and dangerous craters, posing significant risks. The situation has become hazardous, especially during the night when visibility is low. Numerous residents, including myself, have experienced damage to our vehicles, and pedestrians are also finding it challenging to navigate the broken pathway.
Furthermore, the rainy season exacerbates the problem, making the road nearly impassable at times. The standing water in these depressions becomes a breeding ground for mosquitoes, adding to our health concerns.
I kindly request the municipal authority to assess the situation at the earliest and take appropriate measures to address the problem. The road desperately needs resurfacing and proper drainage to prevent water accumulation. A prompt response to this matter would not only ensure the safety and convenience of the residents but also reflect the efficiency and concern of our municipal authority.
I hope my complaint will be taken into serious consideration, and corrective actions will be initiated soon.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
[Your Name, e.g., John Doe].