You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
You have been living in a rental apartment for the past year. Recently a new neighbour moved in and has been making a lot of noise, which disturbs you.
Write a letter to the landlord. In your letter:
- explain the situation
- describe why it bothers you
- suggest a solution
Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows:
Dear Mr ……………,
- Housewarming (noun) – A party to celebrate moving into a new residence.
- Example: We’re hosting a housewarming party this Saturday.
- Commotion (noun) – A state of confused and noisy disturbance.
- Example: There might be a bit of commotion during the party hours.
- Acquaintance (noun) – A person one knows slightly, but who is not a close friend.
- Example: I’d love to turn our brief acquaintance into a friendly bond.
Dear Mrs. Thompson,
I hope this letter finds you well. My name is Sam Carter, and I’ve recently moved into the house next door, number 12 Oak Lane. I wanted to introduce myself and also discuss an upcoming event I’m planning.
This Saturday evening, I’m hosting a housewarming party to celebrate the move and also to get to know some of the local residents. As such, there might be a bit of commotion, with music and chatter, mainly between 7 pm to 11 pm. I will do my utmost to ensure that the noise levels remain within a reasonable limit, and the gathering doesn’t cause too much disturbance.
In the spirit of fostering good neighbourly relations, I’d be thrilled if you could join us. It would be a fantastic opportunity to meet you properly and introduce you to some of our mutual neighbours and friends. Plus, it’s always more fun to be part of a party than just hearing it!
Please let me know if you have any concerns or if there’s anything specific I can do to minimize any inconvenience for you on the night. I genuinely hope to see you at the party, and thank you in advance for your understanding.