You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
Every year, someone in the company where you work is chosen as the best employee. Your manager has asked staff members to make suggestions about who should be chosen this year.
Write a letter to your manager. In your letter,
- identify a colleague who you think should be the best employee
- explain what the job of this colleague involves
- give reasons why the colleague should be chosen as the best employee
You should write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows:
Dear Mr. Thompson,
I hope this letter finds you in good health. As we approach the time of year when our company traditionally selects its “Employee of the Year”, I wish to put forward a recommendation for a colleague who I believe truly deserves this honor.
I would like to nominate Ms. Jenna Mitchell, our Lead Marketing Strategist, for this prestigious title. Jenna’s role in our company primarily involves planning and executing marketing strategies, overseeing both online and offline promotional campaigns, liaising with clients, and leading a team of junior marketing associates.
There are several reasons why Jenna stands out as the ideal candidate for “Employee of the Year”. Firstly, her tireless dedication and hard work have resulted in our marketing campaigns being not only effective but also innovative, helping us to capture new segments of the market. Secondly, Jenna has displayed exemplary leadership qualities, mentoring new team members and ensuring that our department always operates cohesively and efficiently. Moreover, her consistent efforts in building and maintaining client relationships have played a pivotal role in retaining our key accounts and securing new ones.
Jenna’s commitment, expertise, and positive attitude have undoubtedly contributed to our company’s growth and success over the past year. Therefore, I truly believe she should be recognized as the best employee for this year.
Thank you for considering my suggestion.
- Prestigious: Regarded with great respect and admiration.
- Example: The Nobel Prize is a prestigious award.
- Liaising: Establishing a connection between two parties to ensure proper communication and cooperation.
- Example: He is liaising between the clients and the design team to ensure the project’s success.
- Exemplary: Representing the best of its kind; commendable.
- Example: Her exemplary performance earned her the title of the best student of the year.
- Cohesively: In a manner that shows a united or harmonious combination.
- Example: The team worked cohesively to achieve the project’s goals.
- Pivotal: Of crucial importance in relation to the development or success of something.
- Example: His pivotal role in the film was lauded by critics.
- Retaining: Keeping or holding onto; not losing or letting go.
- Example: The company has a good track record of retaining its employees.