You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
You live in a high-rise building, which has a communal laundry room. Sometimes people don’t come in time to empty the machines and other residents have to wait for a washer or dryer. You think the building management should purchase 10 extra laundry baskets and make them available for such times, so the machines can be freed up.
Write to the Property Manager, Mr Watson. In your letter:
- explain how long you have been a resident
- describe the problem
- propose your solution
Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows:
- Communal (adjective) – Used or shared in common by everyone in a group.
- Example: The communal garden is available for all residents in the building.
- Inconvenience (noun) – Trouble or difficulty caused to one’s personal requirements or comfort.
- Example: I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delay.
- Efficiency (noun) – The state or quality of being efficient.
- Example: Introducing laundry baskets would improve the efficiency of the laundry process.
Dear Mr. Watson,
I hope this letter finds you well. My name is [Your Name], and I have been a proud resident of Tower Heights for the past three years. During this time, I have genuinely enjoyed the amenities and the sense of community this building offers. However, there’s a small matter concerning our communal laundry room that I’d like to discuss.
As you might be aware, our laundry room is quite busy, especially during weekends. Unfortunately, on multiple occasions, I have noticed that many residents, possibly due to their busy schedules, do not promptly empty the washers or dryers once their laundry is done. This often results in other residents waiting unnecessarily for a machine to free up, causing inconvenience.
To address this issue and improve the efficiency of the laundry process, I propose the building management purchase around ten laundry baskets. These can be made available for residents to shift the clothes of the preceding user if they haven’t been collected on time. This will allow the next resident to use the machine without any delay and ensure the clothes of the previous user are safely kept aside.
Such a simple solution, I believe, would greatly enhance our collective laundry experience and reduce the waiting time for everyone.
Thank you for considering this proposal. I genuinely believe that it will bring about a positive change and make our communal spaces even more efficient.