You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
You will be celebrating your son’s 6th birthday next week. You want to invite one of your colleagues to attend the birthday party.
Write an invitation letter to this college. In your letter,
- invite your colleague to your son’s birthday party
- give details of the party and its date and time
- say how happy you and your family would be to have him/her at the party
Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows:
- Festivity (noun) – A celebration or party.
- Example: The festivity will have games, music, and delicious food for everyone.
- Milestone (noun) – A significant event or stage in life, progress, development.
- Example: A 6th birthday is an important milestone in a child’s life.
- Rendezvous (noun) – A meeting at an agreed time and place.
- Example: We hope our garden will be the perfect rendezvous for the party.
I hope this letter finds you well. I’m reaching out to extend a warm invitation to a very special event. As time seems to fly, my son, Ethan, will be turning six next week, and we are throwing a birthday bash to celebrate this milestone in his life.
The party will be held on Saturday, the 14th of August, at our residence garden. The festivity will commence at 3:00 pm and is expected to continue until around 7:00 pm. We’ve organized a theme around Ethan’s favorite superhero, so expect a bit of “super-powered” fun! There will be games for the kids, music, and a delightful spread of snacks and a dinner buffet. And, of course, the highlight would be the superhero-themed cake!
Your presence would mean a lot to us. It would be a fantastic opportunity for our families to bond and for you to meet some of our close friends and relatives. Ethan, especially, has been excited about his birthday and having you there would surely add to his joy.
I truly hope you can make it. It would be wonderful to have you join us in this joyous rendezvous and be a part of our cherished memories.
Looking forward to your positive response.