Describe an invention that you believe has changed how people live. You should say: what invention it is whether it is more important for older or younger people what benefits it has brought and explain how it has changed people's lives.
Sample Response 1:
The invention I’d like to talk about is the internet. This revolutionary technology has had an immense impact on how people live, and it’s equally vital for both older and younger generations.
The internet has brought a myriad of benefits, from enhanced communication to information accessibility. It has democratized knowledge, allowing anyone with access to explore virtually any subject. It has also facilitated global connectivity, breaking down geographical barriers.
In terms of how it has changed lives, the impact is broad and profound. Education, business, social interaction, and entertainment have all been transformed. People can now learn online, shop from home, connect with friends worldwide, and even find love online. It’s a tool that has truly redefined the way we interact with the world.
Sample Response 2:
The invention of smartphones is something that has significantly changed people’s lives. While initially considered a tool for younger people, smartphones have now become essential for all age groups.
The benefits of smartphones go beyond mere communication. They offer a compact and convenient way to access the internet, manage finances, navigate places, track health, and much more. These devices have made it possible to carry a world of information in our pockets.
Smartphones have altered the way we socialize, work, and live our daily lives. They enable remote working, instant communication, and provide endless entertainment. For the older generation, smartphones offer a way to stay connected with family and friends and access essential services with ease. The convergence of multiple functionalities into one device has made it an indispensable part of modern life.
Sample Response 3:
Another remarkable invention that has revolutionized people’s lives is the automobile. This invention has significance for people of all ages but has perhaps more substantial implications for working adults.
The benefits of automobiles are numerous. They offer personal mobility, freedom to travel, and convenience in transporting goods and people. Automobiles have facilitated urbanization, allowing people to live farther from where they work and thus leading to the growth of suburbs.
Automobiles have reshaped the way societies are structured. They have made travel more accessible and faster, leading to more interconnected communities. The influence of cars goes beyond transportation; they have impacted urban planning, economy, and even social dynamics. They’ve made the world smaller, in a sense, bridging distances and fostering connections that were previously unimaginable.
Explore Various IELTS Speaking Part 2 Cue Card Questions and Answers.
- Revolutionary: Involving or causing a complete or dramatic change.
- Example: The internet has been a revolutionary invention that has transformed various aspects of our lives.
- Myriad: A countless or extremely great number.
- Example: The myriad benefits of the internet include enhanced communication and unprecedented access to information.
- Democratized: Make something accessible to everyone.
- Example: The internet has democratized knowledge, making it available to people all over the world.
- Indispensable: Absolutely necessary.
- Example: Smartphones have become an indispensable part of modern life, catering to various needs.
- Convergence: The process of coming together or merging.
- Example: The convergence of multiple functions in smartphones has made them a versatile tool.
- Implications: The conclusion that can be drawn from something although it is not explicitly stated.
- Example: The implications of automobiles extend to urban planning and social dynamics.
- Facilitated: Make an action or process easier.
- Example: Automobiles have facilitated personal mobility and freedom to travel at will.
- Interconnected: Having different parts linked or connected.
- Example: Automobiles have led to more interconnected communities by making travel more accessible.
- Urbanization: The process of making an area more urban.
- Example: Automobiles have spurred urbanization, allowing people to live farther from their workplaces.
- Unimaginable: Difficult or impossible to imagine or comprehend.
- Example: Before the invention of cars, the convenience and speed of personal travel were unimaginable.
Different Cue Card Topics
Personal Experiences: IELTS Cue Card Topics
People and Personalities: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Places: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Objects: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Events: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Experiences and Achievements: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Hobbies and Interests: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Plans and Dreams: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Nature and Environment: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Education: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Work and Careers: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Technology: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Health and Fitness: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Food and Drinks: IELTS Cue Card Topics