In this post you will find a list of recent IELTS exam questions that were in the IELTS Test during March and April 2018, you can view the questions look at the topics and practice writing answers to them during your IELTS preparation.
The questions below have been reported to us by our students and other people who have taken the IELTS Exam recently.
Please take a look below and if you know of more questions, please leave a comment and help your fellow students.
If you need help to write answers to any of the questions below, please take a look at how to write each type of essay in the Writing Task 2 section >
You can also view band score 8 essay examples to some of the questions listed below in the section above in the drop-down menu for agree/disagree, etc.
IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions – April 2018
1. Pollution and other environmental damage are caused by a country developing and becoming richer. This problem cannot be avoided. To what extent do you agree?
2. Once children start school, teachers have more influence on their intellectual and social development than the parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree.
3. it is important for public money to be spent on promoting a healthy lifestyle to prevent illness rather than spending money treating people who are ill. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. The key to solving the environmental problems is for the present generation to sacrifice their easy lifestyle for the sake of the future generations. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. The number of people interested in cosmetic surgery is increasing in order to improve their physical appearance. Why do people want operations to change the way they look? Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
2. These days a lot of movies and music are free to download online. Is this a positive or negative development?
3. Organised tours are choosing more and more to visit remote places and communities. Do you think it is a positive or negative development for the local people and the environment?
4. In society today, more and more people are choosing to live on their own. What are the reasons behind this? Is it a positive or negative trend?
1. Some cities have days when cars and other forms of transport are banned from the city centre. Only buses, bicycles and taxis are allowed to be in the city centre. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
1. It is believed that some people should take a yearly driving test in order to ensure safety on the roads, while others do not agree. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
2. Some people prefer hobbies that require technology, while some people prefer hobbies that do not. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Direct Question Essay
1. In the world today of advanced science and technology, people still value artists such as painters, musicians and writers. How can art make a difference in our society, that science and technology cannot?
IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions – March 2018
1. Some people think that the government should take care of disadvantaged people like the homeless and the unemployed. Do you agree or disagree?
2. When designing a building the intended use of the building should be taken into account rather than its outward appearance. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. In many countries around the world, plastic shopping bags are the main type of rubbish, they cause water pollution and land pollution, so they should be banned. To what extent do you agree?
1. Social media has replaced the traditional methods of communicating and people use more and more social media to communicate and to follow news and events. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
1. Some people believe bicycles have a lot of advantages, whereas others believe bicycles have more disadvantages. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
2. Some people prefer to plan activities for their free time very carefully, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
3. Some people believe that sleeping is the only way that people can get enough rest. Others believe that physical activities such as playing games and exercises also provide relaxation. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
To help you with your IELTS preparation, here is a free PDF download of the most recent IELTS writing task 2 questions.
They are a mix of both General Training and Academic questions, you can prepare for all the topics mentioned.
We hope you found this post useful in helping you to study for the IELTS Test.
If you have any questions please let us know in the comments below or on the Facebook page.
The best way to keep up to date with posts like this is to like us on Facebook, then follow us on Instagram and Pinterest.
If you need help preparing for the IELTS Test, join the IELTS Achieve Academy and see how we can assist you to achieve your desired band score.
We offer an essay correction service, mock exams and online courses.