Describe a friend you really like to spend time with.
You should say:
when and how you met
how often you meet this friend
what kind of personality your friend has and
say why you like to spend time with this particular friend.ChatGPT
Sample Response 1:
I met my friend Sarah during our first year of college. We were roommates, and our friendship blossomed almost instantly. We share similar interests and often meet up at least once a week, despite our busy schedules.
Sarah is incredibly empathetic, always lending an ear when someone needs to talk. Her sense of humor is contagious, and she has a way of making everyone feel comfortable around her. What I like most about spending time with Sarah is her positive energy and how she encourages me to be the best version of myself. Our bond is deeper than just friendship; it’s more like a sisterhood.
Sample Response 2:
My friend Alex and I met in a local community service group about five years ago. We bonded over our passion for helping others and have been close friends since then. We usually meet every weekend to either volunteer together or just hang out.
Alex is a responsible, compassionate, and innovative individual. He’s always looking for ways to make a positive impact and inspires those around him. Spending time with Alex is always rewarding as it not only makes me feel good but also motivates me to think creatively and take action for the greater good.
Sample Response 3:
I met my friend Emma through a mutual friend during a summer vacation, and we clicked immediately. We try to meet at least twice a month, and our meetups are always filled with laughter and profound conversations.
Emma has a vivacious and caring personality. She’s the kind of friend who would go out of her way to help someone. I enjoy spending time with Emma because she brings joy to every situation, yet she’s not afraid to engage in deep and meaningful discussions. Our friendship is a balanced mixture of fun and wisdom, and I treasure it immensely.
Explore Various IELTS Speaking Part 2 Cue Card Questions and Answers.
- Blossomed: Grew or developed in a promising or healthy way.
- Example: Our friendship blossomed over time, becoming stronger with each shared experience.
- Empathetic: Showing an understanding of and sharing the feelings of another.
- Example: Sarah’s empathetic nature made her a comforting presence when I was going through a tough time.
- Contagious: Likely to spread to and affect others.
- Example: Her contagious laughter always brightens up the room.
- Innovative: Introducing new ideas; original and creative in thinking.
- Example: Alex’s innovative approach to community service inspired everyone in our group.
- Vivacious: Lively and full of energy.
- Example: Emma’s vivacious personality brings life to every party.
- Profound Conversations: Discussions that have deep meaning and serious thought.
- Example: Our meetups were filled with laughter and profound conversations about life and philosophy.
- Greater Good: A benefit or advantage to all of society or a community.
- Example: Alex always thinks about how he can contribute to the greater good.
- Balanced Mixture: A combination of different things in harmonious or proper amounts.
- Example: Our friendship is a balanced mixture of fun, support, and intellectual stimulation.
- Sisterhood: A close relationship among women based on shared experiences, interests, etc.
- Example: Our bond goes beyond friendship; it’s more like a sisterhood that we both treasure.
- Treasure: To regard or treat as precious; cherish.
Different Cue Card Topics
Personal Experiences: IELTS Cue Card Topics
People and Personalities: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Places: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Objects: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Events: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Experiences and Achievements: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Hobbies and Interests: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Plans and Dreams: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Nature and Environment: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Education: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Work and Careers: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Technology: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Health and Fitness: IELTS Cue Card Topics
Food and Drinks: IELTS Cue Card Topics