You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
After being involved in an accident, you were looked after by a person you did not know before. Write a special thank you letter to express your gratitude.
In your letter:
- introduce yourself and let him/her know why you are writing
- express your appreciation
- and offer him/ her to visit your home with his/her family
Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows:
Writing Task 1: How to Solve
Sample Letter 1:
Dear [Recipient’s Name],
I hope this letter finds you in good health and spirits. My name is [Your Name], and we had an unexpected meeting a few days ago when you came to my rescue after the unfortunate accident I was involved in.
I am writing this letter to express my heartfelt gratitude for your selfless act of kindness. Your immediate assistance, ensuring I was safe and seeking help on my behalf, was invaluable to me. The thought that there are individuals like you, willing to help strangers in distress, restores my faith in humanity.
I would be honored if you and your family could visit my home as a gesture of my appreciation. I’d love for you to meet my family and share a meal with us. It’s the least I can do to thank you for your benevolent act.
Once again, thank you, and I hope to see you soon.
Writing Task 1: Questions and Answer
Sample Letter 2:
Dear [Recipient’s Name],
Greetings. I am [Your Name], the individual from the car accident last week. Though the circumstances of our meeting were less than ideal, your kindness and prompt aid left a profound impact on me.
I genuinely cannot find the words to convey the depth of my appreciation for your assistance. In a world often deemed indifferent, your immediate intervention and concern were a beacon of hope. Not only did you assist me at the scene, but ensuring I got timely medical attention was beyond any gesture I could have expected from a stranger.
It would bring me great joy if you could visit my home with your family. I would love to extend my gratitude in person and introduce you to my loved ones.
Thank you once again for everything, and I earnestly hope to repay, in some small way, the kindness you’ve shown me.
Writing Task 1:
- Gratitude (noun) – The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation.
- Example: He expressed his gratitude to everyone who helped him.
- Selfless (adjective) – Concerned more with the needs and wishes of others than with one’s own.
- Example: His selfless act of bravery saved the lives of many.
- Gesture (noun) – A movement or action that expresses an idea or feeling.
- Example: The gift was a gesture of his appreciation.
- Invaluable (adjective) – Extremely useful; indispensable.
- Example: Her help was invaluable during the crisis.
- Heartfelt (adjective) – Deeply and strongly felt; sincere.
- Example: I extend my heartfelt gratitude for your support.